Monday, August 17, 2009

i hear the sound of fall arriving...

i have heard suggestive noises over the last couple of weeks and i heard the sound for sure today that has always signaled the coming of my favorite season... wonderful glorious autumn.... what was that sound you ask? the sound of the high school (this afternoon it was college) marching band... ahh the crisp rhythms of the drumlines... the ring of the xylophones and bells, and the faint echoes of horns and woodwinds outside on a sunny end-of-summer day... ahh yes, it is coming...

my daddy was a high school band director so i have a very special place in my heart for the members of any marching band - it is very hard work as it is, but add to it hot summer days and thick uniforms and it is a discipline that is daunting for many... and of course the music they produce always provokes nostalgia of the best kind and the many years of education my dad gave me about everything marching band related

because i do not have time to access a marching band video... i will leave you with another treat for your ears and your eyes - one of my favorite songs, white winter hymnal by the fleet foxes, which was introduced to me around this time last year by my stellar brother... this is probably my favorite music video of all time (i love claymation!)... and after you watch it, make plans to head out to your local high school to catch the sounds of the dedicated members of the marching band




.:grace and peace:.

No comments: